Sunday, June 25, 2006

Bigots on Bikes Revisited

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about a nativist demagogue named Frosty Wooldridge. Mr. Wooldridge was kind enough to leave a comment to that post, which I post in its entirety below, followed by my response:

Tom Hilton needs to get a life and an understanding before he writes about what he does not know. I write about this invasion much like Thomas Paine and Mark Twain wrote: Facts and realities we face. I have never written about legal immigration. This is about breaking our laws; this is about breaking over our borders; this is about lawlessness of ILLEGAL immigration. Hilton is one who supports anarchy by supporting lawlessness to the tune of 20 million. Get a grip young man. We're being invaded and you're making apologizes! Being a coward does not become you as an American. I am against illegal immigration, period.

Mark Twain said that the shabbiest of all lies is 'silent-assertion' which is when the media, leaders and others ignore or suppress a social wrong. In his time, it was slavery. Today, it's illegal immigration and the nightmare of multiculturalism which has been shown to be a miserable failure and dangerous to the host country which I noted in Paris, France as I was there last summer along with Holland where I interviewed dozens. They said they will have a civil war within a few years: "The Dutch against our immigrants." Therefore, We're in trouble and I will not allow my country to continue into this laweless slide into a nightmare for all citizens. We're either a lawful nation or we are a lawless nation. Additionally, name one advantage of adding 2,000,000 million people by 2050. Not even a fool can name one advantage with our current environmental nightmares and lack of water, especially in the West. Again, sir, do your homework before you expose your lack of understanding. www.frostywooldridge.com
I encourage people to visit Mr. Woodridge's website and judge for yourselves whether my assessment is accurate. I'll add a couple of comments (below the fold):
  • Your comments on 'multiculturalism' (here and in your other writings) conflict with the claim that you oppose only illegal immigration. If the presence of non-Anglo cultures in America is a 'nightmare', then it is a 'nightmare' regardless of the legal status of the immigrants.

  • The realities of immigration policy do not support your conclusions. Nations that offer immigrants a clear path to citizenship (like the U.S.) have, on the whole, less of a problem with immigration than nations that don't (like France).

  • The 'lawlessness' argument ("this is about lawlessness of ILLEGAL immigration") is essentially circular: they are breaking the law because they are defined as 'illegal'; cease to define them as 'illegal' and they become law-abiding immigrants.

  • I'm not sure where the 'coward' thing comes from, as I'm not the one who lives in terror of people who are different from me.

  • On the other hand, I've not been called 'young' for many a year. Thank you.
[That's all, folks]