Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quote of the Day: You-Haven't-Seen-the-Last-of-Me Edition

Sarah Palin, in an interview with Greta Van Susterenenenen1:

I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is. Even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door. And if there is an open door in (20)12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door. And if there's a door that's closed, I'm all, you know, God, give me one of those battering ram type deals that the police use when they raid crack houses, so I can knock that sucker down. And if there's a wall that doesn't have a door at all, God, well, gosh darn it, give me a wrecking ball so I can smash the heck out of it. And if there are any people in the way, you know, I love people, god bless 'em, but give me a steamroller and I'll squash 'em flatter than a sourdough flapjack.

1Portions of the quote are interior monologue, and thus are not reflected in the official transcript.