Wednesday, July 14, 2004

It seemed like a good idea at the time

What the hell, why not? I've been posting my political thoughts on half a dozen message boards for, what, ten years or more...and lately I've been obsessively reading the best of the liberal blogs (Atrios, Josh Marshall, Pandagon, etc.) and posting my comments there...and finally, way behind the curve as usual, I thought why not just start my own blog and post it all there?

Well, the obvious answer is: because nobody will read it. At least on an established message board several people will actually see what I write, even if they are (mostly) drooling cretins; here, I have no such assurance. Am I daunted? Hell yes. In fact, I'm daunted by most things, most of the time. My life is a veritable dauntaganza. And yet, I press on.

Dr. Suess fans will recognize the source of my title. Let's just say the book was a huge influence on me; I doubt a single day has gone by since I read it when I haven't at some point thought, if I ran the zoo... Which, of course, is why I have the unmitigated presumption to do this.

Anyway, I hope somebody enjoys this. We'll see.