Thursday, September 22, 2005

Something (tentatively) nice about Townhall.com

And here it is: they're giving bloggers passes to a press screening of Serenity, and I think I scored one. I'm not really sure, because there's (so far) no confirmation e-mail or anything. And even if the pass comes through, I'm not sure it guarantees me a seat in the theatre. But still...it's darned nice of them.

Yes, I'm a browncoat. A Joss fan from Buffy and Angel days, I watched the whole brief run of Firefly on Fox, and wailed and gnashed my teeth when they canceled it (damn them...damn them to hell). I bought the DVDs as soon as they came out, and marveled at how much better the series was when shown in the proper order. I watched every episode with commentary, and teared up at Alan Tudyk's story about sending Joss the red recall button. I thrilled to early reports of a possible movie. I followed Serenity news obsessively, with equal parts of excitement and anxiety, fearful that it could still somehow fall through. I seethed with envy toward the lucky few who scored tickets to the early (unfinished) screenings. I walked the fine line of reading every review I could without actually getting spoiled on the big things.

In other words, I am really looking forward to this movie.

So assuming this thing works out, thank you, Townhall.com. A thousand thanks. It doesn't nearly make up for Michelle Malkin or Dennis Prager or Ann Coulter or...well, the whole bunch. But it's a start.