Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Movie Quote Quiz - Answers

Y'all got all of them but one, which isn't too bad. I'm disappointed about that one, though--it's a wonderful movie, by one of my favorite directors.


  1. Victims? Don't be melodramatic. Tell me. Would you really feel any pity if one of those dots stopped moving forever? The Third Man (and the answer is no...not if they're Republicans1)
  2. Don't want no commies in my car. No Christians, either. Repo Man (the life of a repo man is always intense!)
  3. Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever. The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (another wonderful Terry Gilliam fantasy)
  4. Kit was the most trigger-happy person I had ever met. Badlands (the first feature of the reclusive and enigmatic Terence Malick)
  5. I need him like the axe needs the turkey. The Lady Eve (all of you people really, really need to go out and rent some Preston Sturges movies. I mean now.)
  6. It's not so hard to make a lot of money...if all you want to do is make a lot of money. Citizen Kane (a favorite quote of mine to use with those who believe that making a lot of money is the highest calling of civilized humans)
  7. Seven schools in seven states and the only thing different is the locker combination. Heathers (I saw this when it first came out, and the woman sitting next to me was an English teacher who had brought essays to correct while waiting for the film to begin. Really.)
  8. This was supposed to be a no rough stuff type deal. Fargo (sadly, in Coenland what's supposed to happen never does)
  9. I like to think of life as a limousine... though we are all riding together we must remember our places, there is a front seat and a back seat and a window in between. Sabrina (this is advice Sabrina does not take to heart)
  10. How do you know what the world is like? Do you know the world is a foul sty? Do you know, if you rip off the fronts of houses, you'd find swine? The world's a hell. Shadow of a Doubt (and sometimes, hell looks remarkably like Santa Rosa)
  11. I'll give you a dollar if you eat this collie. Badlands
  12. Let us be crooked, but never common. The Lady Eve (I find this line is often useful at the law firm where I work)
Thanks to all who participated! I hope you enjoyed it.

1That's a joke. Really.