Sunday, February 12, 2006

Post-9/11 Thinking

"You've got to understand something about me," Mr. Bush said. "Sept. 11 changed the way I think."
--New York Times, February 11, 2006
George W. Bush:
I've come to discuss an issue that's really important, and that is victory in the war on terror. And that war started on September the 11th, 2001, when our nation awoke to a sudden attack....On September the 11th, 2001, our nation awoke to a sudden attack, and we accepted new responsibilities....Since that terrible morning of September the 11th, 2001, we fought the terrorists across the Earth -- not for pride, not for power, but because the lives of our citizens are at stake....Since September the 11th, 2001, I have led a relentless campaign against the terrorists....Well, September the 11th changed my outlook for the world....My opponent has a different view. Senator Kerry says September the 11th didn't change him much, and his policies make that clear....Senator Kerry says September the 11th, in his words, "did not change him much at all." That's what he said....He says that September the 11th did not change him much at all....I remember the day I was in the -- at Ground Zero, on September the 4th, 2001 [sic]. It's a day I will never forget....Since that terrible morning of September the 11th, 2001, we fought the terrorists across the Earth -- not for pride, not for power, but because the lives of our citizens are at stake....My opponent has a fundamental misunderstanding of the war on terror. Senator Kerry was recently asked how September the 11th had changed him. He replied -- quote -- "It didn't change me much at all."....Since that -- since that terrible morning of September the 11th, 2001, we have fought the terrorists across the Earth -- not for pride, not for power, but because the lives of our citizens are at stake....The terrorist attacks on September the 11th were a turning point for our nation....My opponent has a different approach. He says that September the 11th -- quote -- "didn't change me much at all."...Well, September the 11th changed me.
[That's all, folks]