Friday, March 24, 2006

Movie Quote Quiz - Answers

Thanks to all who played, and congratulations to Melville, Nobody in Particular, and Deborah for correctly guessing all of them between you.

  1. He can break wind at both ends simultaneously - which is more than any god can do. The Man Who Would Be King

  2. Some people take, some people get took. And they know they're getting took and there's nothing they can do about it. The Apartment

  3. "No duh" is a product of fear. Donnie Darko

  4. [She's] convinced me that alligators have the right idea. They eat their young. Mildred Pierce

  5. Audiences don't know somebody sits down and writes a picture; they think the actors make it up as they go along. Sunset Boulevard

  6. It is so difficult to make a neat job of killing people with whom one is not on friendly terms. Kind Hearts and Coronets

  7. I'm not afraid of death, but I am afraid of murder. The Conversation

  8. Conscience. What a thing! If you believe you got a conscience it'll pester you to death. But if you don't believe you got one, what could it do t'ya? Makes me sick, all this talking and fussing about nonsense. Treasure of the Sierra Madre

  9. I'm supposed to do a thriller for Universal. They want Charlton Heston as a Mexican. Ed Wood

  10. In my case, self-absorption is completely justified. I have never discovered any other subject quite so worthy of my attention. Laura

  11. I'll tell you what he said - he asked me to forcibly insert the Lifeline exercise card into my anus! Donnie Darko

  12. Detriments you call us? Detriments? Well I want to remind you that it was detriments like us that built this bloody Empire. The Man Who Would Be King

  13. He's the fella that let Chrysler know that Cadillac was discontinuing its fins. The Conversation


[That's all, folks]