Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Alphabet Meme

So Deborah tagged me with this one. And what Deborah tells me to do, I do...if I know what's good for me...

Update: Kvatch and Mags have both done their duty.

Other update: I just realized I didn't do the quote--the one there is Deborah's (sorry about that, Deborah). The hazards of copy-and-paste. So now there's a quote that's actually mine.

Accent: Upper Midwest and California, with hints of Mississippi and New Jersey.

Booze: Martinis. Gin, of course--'vodka martini' is a contradiction in terms.

Chore I Hate: Anything that involves organizing. Straightening up a room, cleaning out the garage--stuff like that. The problem is that there's always stuff that's impossible to classify systematically, and it drives me nuts.

Dog or Cat: Cats! Dogs are too much like Republicans. (And Democratic politics is like herding cats. But I digress.)

Essential Electronics: Computer, iPod, DVD player & telly.

Favorite Cologne: Don't wear it.

Gold or Silver: I don't really wear any of either, but I kind of like the look of silver better.

Hometown: I have no idea what the word 'hometown' means. I was born in Dayton, Ohio; my home is San Francisco.

Insomnia: Often. I'm a terrible sleeper.

Job Title: Paralegal.

Kids: One teenage son, Max.

Living Arrangements: Flat; me, Jody, and occasionally Max.

Most Admirable Traits: Willingness to question what I think I know. Ability and inclination to resolve disagreements among people.

Number of Sexual Partners: One at a time--sorry, I'm boring that way. Oh, you mean total? Hell, I'm way too old to remember that.

Overnight Hospital Stays: Never. I got stitches once, but that took maybe 15 minutes (not counting waiting room time).

Phobias: Acro- and claustro-. Also spiders. And bugs in general, not one at a time, but in swarms. That scene in the King Kong remake? I could barely watch it.

Quote: Lawyers are like nuclear weapons: the only reason you need one is because somebody else has one.

Religion: No, thank you.

Siblings: Two older brothers, one younger.

Time I Wake Up: The alarm is set for 6:06 am on weekdays. On weekends I occasionally sleep as late as 7.

Unusual Talent or Skill: Wilderness routefinding. Compass? Hah! I scoff at the compass. Just me and the topo, baby--we'll find our way.

Vegetable I Love: Beets.

Worst Habit: Procrastination.

X-Rays: I remember getting some chest x-rays after a positive TB test about 18 years ago. Also, various dental x-rays.

Yummy Foods I Make: Lots of them, but mole poblano is probably my favorite.

Zodiac Sign: I don't believe in any of that astrological stuff. I was born under Kennedy.

I'll tag Kvatch, Mags, and Glenda...but anyone else who wants to is more than welcome to join in. (Just post a link in comments, and I'll add it to this post.)

[That's all, folks]