Friday, September 14, 2007

Borking: You Say That Like It's a Bad Thing

In the 'columns too painful to read and besides I already know what they're going to say' category, the WSJ has one today called Borking Mr. Olson, all about the disgraceful campaign of slander and innuendo the Democrats plan to wage against the squeaky clean, thoroughly non-partisan Ted Olson.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that. I'll be fairly surprised if I am.

Obviously, they're using 'Borking' as a pejorative. Somehow, I don't see it. It doesn't exactly help their case that the original Borking saved us from a guy who was completely batshit crazy. I mean, seriously frothing-at-the mouth insane.

It's also hard to see the bad in 'Borking' when we look at a couple of guys who weren't Borked, but should have been.

So if they want to call it 'Borking', I say fine; Borking is a good thing. We need more Borking, not less. Let's Bork the fuck out of these motherfuckers.

Starting with Arkansas Ted.