Wednesday, February 06, 2008

From a Correspondent

This just came in from a democratic friend in the suburbs.  It explains the often peculiar expressions on the faces of the unenrolled voters who seemed to hesitate before choosing the Republican ballot. Maybe I was wrong and they weren't voting against the dems but for the dems and just working on their strategy?

From my friend:

"Well, what I ended up doing was voting for Mitt.

Hoping to keep his candidacy alive and make McCain spend resources on
fighting during this part of the process

Hoping they dish some dirt on each other that the Dems can use...Hoping Mitt
uses up his personal fortune...

I feel slightly bad gaming the system rather than participating honestly in
our democracy...but I'm willing to stand on that slippery slope in my own
tiny way. All those people who've died thanks to Bush."

aimai