Friday, December 25, 2009

Friday Random Ten - Very Special This-Christmas-Goes-to-Eleven Edition

Christmas Rosemary 03

Brian Setzer Orchestra - Blue Christmas
James Brown - Christmas Is Love
Kurtis Blow - Christmas Rappin'
The Kingstonians - Merry Christmas
Charlelie Couture - Christmas Fever
Booker T & the MGs - Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
Chris Isaak - Washington Square
Sonics - Santa Claus
Jody Levins - Jingle Bell Boogie
Material - It's a Holiday
Marah - Auld Lang Syne

Yesterday morning I got the itch to decorate something. I considered our poor scrawny basil plant --it has the right Charlie Brown spirit, after all--but I'm not entirely confident in its structural integrity. Then I remembered the monster rosemary bush out back. I cut a few branches, stuck them in a champagne bucket, and voila: a holiday tradition was born. Compact, no-hassle, and totally eco-friendly.

Happy holidays to everyone who celebrates anything!