Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Movie Quote Quiz

It's been a while since we did one of these...

Below are ten movie quotes. Some are obvious; some (I think) are not. Post your answers in comments, and I'll update as we go along.

Update: 4, 5, 8, and 9 have been correctly identified. The other six are still up for grabs.

Update 2: 2, 6, and 10 have all been correctly identified. That leaves 1, 3, and 7. As hints for these, I have added three new quotes from the same three movies (11 through 13). All unanswered quotes are bolded.

Update 3: 3 and 11 have been identified.

Update 4: 1 and 12 have been identified. One movie (two quotes - 7 and 13) left to identify.

  1. He can break wind at both ends simultaneously - which is more than any god can do. [Identified]

  2. Some people take, some people get took. And they know they're getting took and there's nothing they can do about it. [Identified]

  3. "No duh" is a product of fear. [Identified]

  4. [She's] convinced me that alligators have the right idea. They eat their young. [Identified]

  5. Audiences don't know somebody sits down and writes a picture; they think the actors make it up as they go along. [Identified]

  6. It is so difficult to make a neat job of killing people with whom one is not on friendly terms. [Identified]

  7. I'm not afraid of death, but I am afraid of murder.

  8. Conscience. What a thing! If you believe you got a conscience it'll pester you to death. But if you don't believe you got one, what could it do t'ya? Makes me sick, all this talking and fussing about nonsense. [Identified]

  9. I'm supposed to do a thriller for Universal. They want Charlton Heston as a Mexican. [Identified]

  10. In my case, self-absorption is completely justified. I have never discovered any other subject quite so worthy of my attention. [Identified]

  11. I'll tell you what he said - he asked me to forcibly insert the Lifeline exercise card into my anus! [Identified]

  12. Detriments you call us? Detriments? Well I want to remind you that it was detriments like us that built this bloody Empire. [Identified]

  13. He's the fella that let Chrysler know that Cadillac was discontinuing its fins.


[That's all, folks]