Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Memish Behavior

I got tagged by ahab, and I dunno, I guess I'm being nice.

First, the rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write to their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (You’re not the boss of me!)
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Random Deborahisms:

1. I think my new tattoo might be infected. I have eleven tattoos. Which means I've been tattooed more than 20 times, because you go back for touch-ups and so on. And this artist uses impeccable sterility techniques. I blame myself. I'm using topical antibiotics. Oy.

2. Right now, at this very moment, I am writing the index for my new book. What kind of crazy masochist volunteers to write an index? I have no idea. Not me. I am compelled to do this by my persuasive editor. I hate it. I hate it so much it is possible that the sheer force of my hatred infected my tattoo.

3. I have a sister, three half-sisters, two step-sisters, and two sisters-in-law. Please never tell me "you're like a sister to me;" you may get lost in the crowd! (A loveable crowd, to be sure.)

4. A couple of months ago, the nail on my left index finger became ridged vertically down the center. I have to trim it down the the very edge or else it splits and cracks. The ridge grows below the nail bed so I don't anticipate it going away anytime soon.

5. I want to marry John Goodman. But I want to have sex with Antonio Banderas on the side.

6. My great-aunt was engaged to Mel Brooks. They broke up.

7. I am a little obsessive about what chair I sit in when I'm home. I have to sit in a particular chair in the kitchen. Arthur refers to it as "my spot." As in, "Where did you put the note from your teacher I have to sign?" "At your spot." Sometimes we have guests and one will sit in my spot and being polite I won't say anything. But I will fidget. If you knew how haphazard and laid back and even sloppy I am, this whole spot thing would blow your mind.

8. From the time I could read until my mid-twenties, I collected Marvel comic books. I cut my teeth on Spiderman, the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and Daredevil, which my brother and I referred to as "the big four." These were soon joined by the Hulk, the X-Men, Captain America, and more. In my teens, I favored the more artistic stuff, and was a huge fan of Captain Marvel, the next incarnation of the X-Men (and then the next after that), and Killraven. My GODS did I love Killraven.

I tagged my home blog readers. And yes, that's a hint about the cross-postyness of this meme.