Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Not-So-Random Eight

Okay, ahab, here goes:

1. I have lived all my life in the deep South -- Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, back to Georgia, and now Alabama. It's hot here. And, despite our reputation, there are lots of smart, progressive people in these parts.

2. My blog was born in the summer of 2005 when my nephew decided I needed one and set it up. Without asking first. He created a monster.

3. I have three daughters, three dogs, and two cats. Only one husband.

4. When I'm not writing, I'm singing. I started out as a voice major in college before switching to economics. Although my training is classical, I've spent the past five years or so singing with the praise band at my church. I always wanted my own microphone.

5. I only took one English class in college, but I did get an A.

6. I want to go to Australia before I die.

7. My dream is to retire to the Gulf Coast, hang out with Dear Husband, write lovely stories, and find a band in need of a singer.

8. I'm a slob about most things, but I'm obsessive about the proper folding of laundry and the direction of light switches. Yeah, it's weird.

Cross-posted (sorta) at Birmingham Blues, where I tagged my readers.