Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Wanker of the Day

Whoopi Goldberg:

WHOOPI GOLDBERG: I’d like somebody to get rid of the death tax. That’s what I want. I don’t want to get taxed just because I died....You know, I just don’t think it’s right. If I give something to my kid I already paid the tax why do I have to pay it again because I died?

....

BEHAR: Only people with a lot of money say that, but that’s okay.

GOLDBERG: No! I don’t think so. Anyone who wants to leave something to their kid, whatever you paid for it, they have to pay. [emphasis added]
Okay, dumbass, pay close attention:
  1. Only estates worth more than $2 million are taxed at all. So your 'anyone who wants to leave something to their kid' bullshit? That would be bullshit.

  2. Money (and wealth in general) is taxed when it gets transferred from one person to another. Your boss pays you--it gets taxed. You take that money and give it to a store owner--tax. Give it to a friend, it's subject to tax. It isn't the money that gets taxed--it's the transfer. When you die and your money passes to someone else, it gets taxed (if it's more than $2 million). So your 'I already paid the tax' bullshit? That, too, is bullshit...dumbass.

Meanwhile, MRC resident dimwit hack Justin McCarthy applauds Goldberg's ignorance, despite (or rather because of) the fact that it is, in fact, ignorance.