Thursday, February 07, 2008

Romney's Out

Mitt Romney suspended his campaign today,virtually guaranteeing John McCain the Republican nomination. Mitt, whose military age sons have served their country the past year by working on his campaign, couldn't resist a cheap shot at the Democrats.

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," Romney told the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

Given the venue, I guess that was mild. Last year, Romney supporter Ann Coulter used her platform there to call John Edwards a faggot. That was too much even for CPAC; the conference organizers didn't invite her back this year.

See ya, Mitt. I hope your heirs aren't too angry that you spent $40 million of their inheritance. Whoever will Coulter and Rush Limbaugh support now?