Thursday, March 06, 2008

Blog Review Meme

Amy tagged me with this. It's a nice meme that can get you reading new blogs you may have overlooked.

1. Once tagged, write up short review for 5 blogs that you read regularly, including the blog of the person that tagged you.

2. Leave a comment tagging the blogs you've reviewed, telling them to continue the meme.

3. If someone writes a review of your blog, you must respond by writing a review of their blog (unless you've already written one).

4. After a few days, write a post compiling what all the other bloggers say about you, good or bad, true or untrue.

And my reviews:

First Radioactive Quill, who tagged me. Amy blogs regularly but infrequently, comments on the media, loves Stephen Colbert beyond all reason, is funny and snarky, and I really like reading her. I also love the clean white blog layout, so easy on my old watery eyes. The only thing I don't like about RQ is the lack of comments. I wish she had them. Blogs are at their most fun, in my opinion, when they're interactive.

The Wild Hunt is king of the Pagan blogging hill. Jason Pitzl-Waters does a superb job of combining news about, and of interest to, Pagans, with a strong voice. He's opinionated, but he makes sure each entry reports as well as opines. He has been a gathering place for some interesting controversies, where hundreds of comments slammed a few select posts; most posts have few or no comments.

Pandora's Bazaar is a smaller and more personal Pagan blog. Cosette is thoughtful and serious. She reads and reviews books, wonders about issues of theology, discusses her explorations on the path, personalizes the transcendant, and in general is very readable.

Girls Read Comics (And They're Pissed) is more or less what it sounds like. Author Karen Healy is a feminist comics fan. I don't read a lot of comics, but I'm extremely interested in the interface between feminism and pop culture. Karen is really smart and really funny and there are pictures.

Rich Sommer: The Blog is just so cute. Rich Sommer plays Harry Crane on Mad Men, which is the best show on TV. He's not a star, and he's sweet and he has a new baby and he's kind of geeky, and the blog is mostly, new baby, lovely wife, ohmigodz my show is a hit and I'm going to the SAG Awards, some gaming, look! Baby pictures! And like that. Just sweet and charming and a pleasure to read.

(Cross-posted at Property of a Lady, which I guess at least one person reads.)