Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hit the Road, Jack

A lot of you have been asking me, "Tom," you ask, "how exactly do you plan to celebrate the record high gasoline prices1?"

And frankly, I'm a little surprised at the question, because I'm celebrating in the most obvious way possible: I'm going on a road trip!

Yes, tomorrow morning I leave for Death Valley (30 years in California and I've never been there), returning Sunday night. I'll be driving upwards of 1,000 miles in 4 days--in other words, doing my bit to boost oil company profits.

Do not be saddened by my absence2; the regulars will all be posting, as will Special Guest Star Steve M, so there will be plenty of excellent stuff here. And rest assured: when I return, I promise I will bore you all silly with my holiday snaps.



1Bumper sticker seen the other day: "When Bush took office, gas [sic] was $1.46/gallon."
2Pretending to be saddened by my absence, though--that I would really appreciate.