Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This Just In--24 Hour Bra lasts 20 Years

Weird. I just got email from my Nepali "older sister." A friend of mine is heading to Kathmandu and I seized the moment to ask my didi what she wanted, other than pictures of my kids. Turns out, she's been wearing my old bras ever since I left Nepal--which is getting on for twenty years ago at this point. She'd like some new ones. I'm wondering how the instructions for how to measure yourself, and even the international calculator you can plug your numbers into, will translate into Nepali? I think the instructions on converting numbers to bra sizes might be substantially more confused than bathroom dialectics on ebay and, given that we're talking about a live person, potentially dangerous. Hope she survives and sends me accurate measurements.

aimai