Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My New Hero: Mustang Bobby

From Mustang Bobby at Shakespeare's Sister (or whatever they call it now)

"I got an official-looking letter from the Republican National Committee. It contained their "census," wanting to know what the GOP should do on "important issues," such as "Should Republicans do everything they can to prevent liberal Democrats from repealing the USA Patriot Act and other important laws that help our intelligence agencies protect America?" and so forth. I answered "NO" to every question, including the one that begged for money, and instead, marked the box that said, "No, I favor electing liberal Democrats over the next ten years."


Then I found a piece of heavy cardboard that fit inside the Business Reply envelope and wrote in large letters, "I've been a registered Democrat since 1972. I am a gay man with a blog. I am your worst nightmare."

It's going in the mail in the morning."




More...