Wednesday, October 22, 2008

If This is an Example of Mithras's Conservatives

[Amended to say that "friends" was ironic and not meant as an attack on Mithras, but on the kinds of people he is encountering who argue that the democrats will be more restrictive in their civil liberty position than the republicans. I did not mean to imply that Mithras actually had friends like this.]

Its going to be a long eight years. Hat tip and air sickness bag to Sadly, No!

Letter from a future prisoner
Posted: November 20, 2007
By Janet Folger

Nov. 20, 2010

To the Resistance:

I’m writing this letter from prison, where I’ve been since the beginning of 2010. Since Hillary was elected in ‘08, Christian persecution in America has gotten even worse than we predicted.

When the so-called “Fairness Doctrine” was signed into law, my radio program was yanked off the air along with all the others that dared discuss moral issues on Christian radio. The networks just couldn’t bring themselves to air a pro-abortion program or one that advocates the homosexual agenda for the government mandated “balance” because broadcasting lies went against their basic beliefs – I don’t blame them.

We knew “Thought Crimes” was in danger of becoming law back when it passed Congress in 2007, but thankfully, President Bush kept his promise to veto it. But, tragically, Hillary signed that most dangerous bill in America – ushering in the criminalization of Christianity. And now, even my book, “The Criminalization of Christianity,” has been banned as “hate speech” just as I predicted when I wrote it back in 2005.

Sadly, NO! is on the case:

(Folger:) When the “Employment Non-Discrimination Act” (”Thought Crimes” for the Workplace) became law, businesses and ministries were targeted by homosexual activists and were forced to close when they wouldn’t comply with a law forcing them to hire those opposed to their beliefs on moral issues.

This had happened before with the Burn Down Da Muh-Fuh Act of 1964, but so few black and Hispanic people were willing to hold down a job that America soon recovered. Also, all the feminist attorneys quit their jobs to become single welfare mothers (after the Kill All The Handsome, Financially Secure Men With Hair Act became law), so no one got sued for 27 million dollars anymore for saying “Hey, toots!” to their secretary or “Thanks, sweetie,” to the elevator girl.

Ah, but those were delicate times while they lasted. So often, it was humor alone that carried us through.

You: How do you greet a Native American?

Your Friend: How?

You: OMG, I’m turning you in!

[mutual nervous laughter]

Why, I can never help but smile when I remember the time when we… Oh, never mind.

When they canceled my program, banned my book and targeted my ministry, I knew it was only a matter of time before I’d be forced into “prison ministry” against my will. Unfortunately for our nation, that ministry is growing fast. A homeschooling mom was assigned the cell next to me. I try to comfort her, but she cries constantly at the thought of her kids being raised in government foster care.