Friday, October 03, 2008

Just ANSWER THE GODDAMN QUESTION ALREADY!!

So I'm at my son's soccer game, and I turn to one of the other parents and say, "How do you feel about the economy?" And she says, "I don't really want to answer that question, but I do want to point out that you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

Later, I'm at the gas station, and my buddy [Generic Working-Class Hero's Name Here] is fillin' up his tank, fer gosh sakes, and I ask him, "How much does it cost to fill up your tank?"; and he says to me, he says, "Well, I'm not going to answer that, but by the way, it's 'nuke-LEE-ur', not 'nuke-YOU-lur', you moron. You can pronounce Ahmadinejad, but not nuclear?"

Back when Track was takin' the SAT's, see, he gets to the question where it says, "Diagram the following sentence attributed to the governor of Alaska...", and he takes out his number-two pencil and writes between the little circles, "That's an interesting question, but did you know that evolution is just a theory?"

Gwen Ifill: "Governor Palin, do you have any respect at all for this forum, its rules, the American people who want to know what your views and capabilities are, or the serious, important process you are engaged in? And exactly how far up your ass is your head, anyway? You have two minutes to respond."

Joe Biden, interrupting: "...and can you still see Russia from up there?"

Sarah Palin: "Well, you know, Gwen, I'd really rather correct the record on this taxes thing..."