Thursday, October 09, 2008

My Pet Christians Get Ready for the Apocalypse

1. Begin stocking your pantry with bulk essentials that are well-stored. We are stocking up on things like: wheat berries, oats, dried beans, salt, etc.

2. Think through items that might be difficult to get and stock those (for me, this includes prescription meds for thyroid.)

3. Try to get into a position to produce as much of your own food as possible. I've heard of substantial gardens being grown in tiny plots in the city. Buying laying hens, a milk cow, goats--any farm items will be valuable commodities, both for your family and as bartering chips.

4. Invest in items like a wood stove, generator, water purifier, etc.

5. Study natural remedies and get familiar with herbs and their uses.

6. Be sure you have guns and plenty of ammunition.

7. Try to develop a "community" within your neighborhood. You've all heard the community soup story told of the Great Depression?

8. If you owe on your home, don't panic. I'm no expert, but I've read that usually if you are forced to foreclose, a buyer will turn around and rent your home back to you for half the price you were paying. Chances are you'll be able to buy it back when the recession is over. I could be totally wrong about this...anybody have insight?

9. Try to save up some cash. This should probably be at the top of the list, I'm just writing as I think ;-)

10. "Luxury items" such as chocolate (I would consider this a necessity), coffee and such make nice trading items in a depression.

Your suggestions?

Remember, "my God shall supply all your needs according to your riches in glory."
and so on. Its "The Tightwad Gazette" meets the NRA with bible pix!

aimai