Saturday, November 01, 2008

Gosh, I Guess I Should Have Vetted My Trick-or-Treaters

After all, I live in the heart of McCain country. Perhaps I should have denied the little lions, bumblebees, and ghosts their treats unless they could prove their parents will go against the Republican grain and vote for Obama.

Shirley Nagel, of Grosse Pointe MI, was a step ahead of me last night. She posted a sign saying children of Obama supporters would be turned away without any candy. I don't know how she could tell, but apparently being a Republican gives one magical powers.

Fox 2 News says a sign posted outside Nagel's house, about 12 miles west of Detroit, served notice to all trick-or-treaters. It read: "No handouts for Obama supporters, liars, tricksters or kids of supporters."

Gee, how mature. One hopes that karma doesn't turn around to bite Ms. Nagel on the ass the next time she needs the help of her neighbors. She might find similar signs outside their houses.

H/T, Dear Husband